“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” One of the best known sentences in the English language is the second sentence of the Declaration of Independence. Adopted on July 4, 1776, Independence Day celebrates the adoption of this document.
Fireworks, family, parades, swimming, barbecues…the list of activities traditionally celebrated on this holiday is endless. How do you plan to celebrate this year?
If you’re in the South Carolina area, some of the events below may peak your interest!
- Village at Sandhill Freedom Festival: Northeast Columbia
- Lexington County Peach Festival: Lexington
- July 4th Celebration: Lake Murray, Lexington
- City of Columbia Independence Day Celebration: Columbia
- 4th of July Festivals: Charleston
- Red, White and Blue Festival: Greenville
- Torchlight Tattoo: Fort Jackson, Columbia
- Annual 4th of July Fireworks: Newberry
To all SCACPA members and blog readers, I wish you a happy Fourth of July.
Editor’s Note: SCACPA will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2011 in observance of the holiday.
Blogger: Emily Allen, Communications Coordinator, South Carolina Association of CPAs